[Development] QtWebKit is coming back (part 2)

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Jul 23 22:49:18 CEST 2017

On Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2017 17:03:50 CEST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> I'm not sure it would be acceptable, because updated QtWebKit requires full
> C++11 support in the compiler (gcc >= 4.9, 4.8 possible with disabling some
> features, or with code changes, which were not done yet).

I'm trying to compile QtWebKit (5.212) on my openSuse 42.2, using the installed
gcc compiler (4.8.5) and I get:

The WebKit build was disabled for the following reasons:
    * Using gcc version 4.8, but at least gcc version 4.9 is required to build QtWebKit.

So which features can I disable and how ?

Note that gcc 4.8.5 is the std. compiler on the latest official version of openSuse and still
I can not compile ... :-(

I will have the same issue when I want to compile it for SLES-12-SP2 or RHEL or CentOS-7
all with gcc 4.8

It would be really nice if the current release branch would compile at least on these major distros

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at