[Development] can not build 5.9.1 qtmultimedia

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jul 23 23:40:30 CEST 2017

On Sunday, 23 July 2017 01:50:10 PDT Martin Koller wrote:
> -) why is -L/usr/lib64 there (should be a std. path, no?)

This is the root of your problem. Something that this plugin or qgsttools_p
needs to link to said that its libraries are in /usr/lib64. qmake has some
code to remove system paths, but it that won't work if the path being
requested is both:
 a) not system
 b) where Qt libraries are

Hence: uninstall the development packages.

> -) From where the heck comes this path
> "/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/qtmultimedia-opensource-src-5.9.1/lib" ?
>    I don't have a /home/abuild directory on my system.
>    This is the ONLY Makefile in the whole Qt tree which contains this path

The "rpmbuild" part indicates that it comes from an RPM build. So most likely
this is because qmake found the qgsttools_p.prl file in /usr/lib64 and that file
has bogus information.

You may get away with this problem by just removing that file, as nothing
outside of qtmultimedia itself should be linking against qgsttools_p.

> -) -lQt5MultimediaWidgets and others: why are they used here instead of the
> namespaced/infixed versions, which are also given>
>    but later in the line ?

Same reason: the system-wide qgsttools_p.prl file was found.

Even with the turning of qgsttools_p into a real Qt module (albeit internal)
in commit ab6ebd360eb27a0d502839fca07ae0e6e107cec6, the infix won't help you
because the infix is not stored in the .prl file. Look at my case:

$ find `qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS` -name \*Qt5MultimediaGstTools\*
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.t.so.5.10
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.t.so
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.t.so.5
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.prl
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.la
/home/tjmaciei/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5MultimediaGstTools.t.so.5.10.0

The .prl and .la files don't have the ".t" infix.