[Development] [BB++] Now is 3.5x faster than Node.JS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 24 07:42:10 CEST 2017

On Sunday, 23 July 2017 21:03:19 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But that's just it: the GC doesn't happen as often if you're not under
> memory pressure. You can postpone the GC to later and run it less often,
> when you're less busy. Your code can focus on being as fast as it can while
> the user is paying attention. Cleanup can be left undone until the user
> isn't paying attention.

By the way, let me point out that the first I heard the piece of wisdom above
wasn't about JavaScript, but it was from a colleague who is a well-respected
Linux kernel developer talking about containers. He was talking about how you
need to start your containers fast, execute the task the user requested really
fast and send the reply. After all of that, you're free to clean up.

Latency matters too.