[Development] [BB++] Now is 3.5x faster than Node.JS

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:32:30 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 24 July 2017 08:15:58 PDT Phil Bouchard wrote:
>>> How do you know it wasn't some other background process waking up and
>>> doing
>>> something? Like getting the device's location and sending to the cloud? Or
>>> the voice command parser?
>>
>> Because at that time they didn't have voice commands and I didn't install
>> anything on my cell. When a phone freezes it means the OS is problematic
>> and only the GC has enough control over the OS to make it freeze.
>
> That's a wildly incorrect assumption.
>
> I'm not disputing that you're doing good work. But your foundation is not
> proven. You may be building a house of cards.

That's why you have to put chances on your side. Regarding the GC all you
have to do is look at the logs:
http://www.war-worlds.com/blog/2012/06/on-android-garbage-collection-can-kill-you

>>> Have you ever talked to developers who prefer interpreted languages? "At
>>> compile time" does not mean "easier". On the contrary, for them it usually
>>> means "harder".
>>
>> Ah... People are afraid but like I was saying before you can't target
>> idiots because they'll never be able to finalize a professional app
>> anyways.
>
> Aaaand now I'm ignoring you and your arguments.

I apologize; I was tired because I worked all weekend long on this. But if
Qt can have more apps in the Apps Store or Google Play that performs 4x
faster than other apps then this means I made my point.