[Development] Coin infrastructure changes

Jędrzej Nowacki jedrzej.nowacki at qt.io
Mon Jul 31 16:17:15 CEST 2017

On mandag 31. juli 2017 13.24.57 CEST Laszlo Agocs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are we sure that the week before the 5.10 feature freeze date is really the
> best time to do this?
>
> Cheers,
> Laszlo

Hi,

  Well, it is not the worst either. Currently, the integration count is quite
low, but the most important thing is that it will be easy to rollback, in case
of a major problem. So please report if you encounter such. For the first few
hours or maybe even days we can switch between different systems in few
minutes, without any additional costs. Our stress tests show that the new
system is slightly more powerful and stable then existing one, so it should be
easier to get changes in. Of course there is a risk, switching hardware and
virtualization layer may cause some problems, but we hope that it will be
transparent for you.

Cheers,
  Jędrek