[Development] implicit sharing and iterators in qt containers

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 22:36:49 CEST 2017

> Maybe. I don't know how many would use it and whether it's worth spending
> our
> development time on it, though.

It might be useful to a lazy programmer though, who doesn't want to
implement it on his/her own :)
It's not really a fundamental container itself, but rather uses a QHash &
QLinkedList to do the job. So it's not something that people can't
implement on their own. It's just that a a proper Qt container will have
have some of the more useful bells & whistles like a lean and consistent
API, iterators & implicit sharing (again something that the lazy programmer
wouldn't be too inclined to do).

I'll tidy things up in my private repo and make it as complete-as-possible
for inclusion. I'll start a separate thread after I'm done, to discuss here
if such a container is warranted for inclusion or not.

Thanks,
-mandeep