[Development] [Releasing] Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 7 22:30:30 CEST 2017

07.06.2017, 23:09, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 23:57:10 PDT Jani Heikkinen wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  There has been discussion ongoing about 5.10 supported platforms and CI
>>  configurations. What we haven't agreed yet is Qt 5.10 pre-built binaries. I
>>  don't see big need to change anything from 5.9 but there is still couple of
>>  things on my mind:
>>
>>  - Should we now switch from MinGW32 bit -> MinGW 64bit ones? With 5.9 this
>>  was too early but would it be time to do it now? Offering both isn't an
>>  option. And 5,9 is LTS so 5.10 could be good release to change that...
>>
>>  - Can we start using RHEL 7.4 for linux packaging? Tony is planning to add
>>  RHEL 7.4 in CI and so on it would be wise to replace 7.2 with 7.4 in the
>>  packaging as well
>>
>>  Is there some other change proposals which we should discuss about?
>
> I'd like to propose raising the minimum version for GCC to 4.8.1, which is the
> first C++11 complete version, or higher. The reason for this is actually to
> drop GCC 4.7 and earlier, which have a few bugs with their C++11 support. GCC
> 4.7 has been the minimum since Qt 5.7.0 and is now 5 years old.

FWIW, the first really C++11 complete version of GCC is 4.9, 4.8 still has a number
of bugs that result in internal compiler errors, compilation errors, or runtime errors in
some non-trivial but valid C++11 code. See for example patches in [1, 2]

[1] https://trac.webkit.org/search?q=gcc+4.8&noquickjump=1&changeset=on
[2] https://trac.webkit.org/search?q=libstdc%2B%2B+4.8&noquickjump=1&changeset=on

> I've just been bitten by one with QRandomGenerator, relating to calling static
> member functions from a lambda. The workaround suggested in the Coding
> Convention is not applicable going forward because Clang 5.0 will produce a
> warning about it (I've updated the wiki), so we have to choose which one we'll
> support very shortly, as soon as Apple begins shipping Clang based on the
> current trunk version in XCode.
>
> --
>   Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center

Regards,
Konstantin