[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 9 00:57:10 CEST 2017

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 13:15:26 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> I'll try that, but chances are that won't teach me anything. As I said in my
> OP, this never affects non-Qt applications like for instance Google Chrome.
> The fact affects both Qt4 (4.8.7) and Qt5 apps seems like a huge
> coincidence, unless they share the same basic X event handling.

It's somewhat a coincidence, because the code was completely rewritten between
Qt 4 and 5. However, the people who wrote it inspired themselves on the older
Qt 4 code.

> So what I'd need at least for comparison is a Qt equivalent of xev

That's called qev and you can find in qttools/src/qev. It's not built by
default.

But I really meant xev. I just want to know if xev receives any extra events
in there.