[Development] Qt/XCB applications and deadkeys and ibus (which cease working) (and sometimes the entire keyboard in Konsole)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 10:27:41 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> That's a difference compared to me: I don't have ibus turned on.

Out of curiosity I quit iBus.

Coincidence or not, all keyboard input stopped working in all running Qt5 GUI
(KF5) applications after a few keystrokes.

Snooping with xev shows that the X11 events are still being delivered to the
window, and newly launched applications are not affected.

I could try attaching a debugger a next time this happens, where could I set a
breakpoint?

R.