[Development] Someone please fix the remaining qrand cases in SSL code

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Jun 14 17:25:31 CEST 2017

Il 12/06/2017 22:45, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
> I can't submit changes to SSL-related code, so can someone apply the
> equivalent ofhttps://codereview.qt-project.org/191738  to the files listed in
> that commit's message?

There are a couple of problems arising from there:

1) some place has a "TODO: use a CSPRNG". Given the current
QRandomGenerator API, is there a way to know if a CSPRNG is actually
being used or we're falling back to a plain PRNG?

2) a test wants to generate a few MB of random data. Ideally this would
be a no-brainer -- QRandomGenerator plus an engine from the standard
library, but we can't use those engines yet (or can we?). So those
places will need to keep qrand()?

Cheers,
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts