[Development] Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Fri Jun 16 08:16:30 CEST 2017

> On 16 Jun 2017, at 01:27, Sérgio Martins <iamsergio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a conclusion of subject:
>>
>> only change related to pre-built binaries for 5.10 (from Qt 5.9) is dropping 32 bit iOS.
>> And from 5.11 -> we will drop MSVC2013 as well.
>
> Hi Jani,
>

> From what I read in this thread I don't see that conclusion re 2013,
> in fact there seems to be more people and arguments in favor of
> removing it.

We’re one month away from the feature freeze, and in July half of the developers are on vacation. So there’s relatively little benefit from dropping 2013 now, as dev currently works with it.

So I’m with Jani here, and think that dropping it from the dev branch in a month from now, when we branch 5.10 makes most sense.

Cheers,
Lars