[Development] [Releasing] Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Fri Jun 16 08:43:40 CEST 2017

> On 16 Jun 2017, at 08:36, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Thursday, 15 June 2017 23:16:30 PDT Lars Knoll wrote:
>> We’re one month away from the feature freeze, and in July half of the
>> developers are on vacation. So there’s relatively little benefit from
>> dropping 2013 now, as dev currently works with it.
>
> The difference is whether we have to put up with MSVC 2013 and find workarounds
> for half a month or for 7 months.

I also want to get rid of it rather sooner than later. But we have to deal with the compiler for quite a while in 5.9 anyway, and I’d expect that a lot of the bug fixes will go there. So the question is how much we’re gaining dropping it now a month before the 5.10 freeze.

In any case, I’ve asked for download numbers for 2013. I’d like to see those before we make the decision.

Cheers,
Lars