[Development] Let's please drop MSVC 2013 for 5.10

Santtu Ahonen santtu.ahonen at qt.io
Fri Jun 16 08:57:28 CEST 2017

>From: Shawn Rutledge
>> On 15 Jun 2017, at 16:07, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> We have not one, not two, but THREE integration failures TODAY alone
>> caused by that compiler failing to meet what we've come to expect from
>> C++11. This is going to happen again and again.
>>
>> So I'm pleading again: can we drop it? What are the download numbers
>> for 5.9.0?
>
>+1 from me

Hi all

We also have paying customers whom may be using MSVC2013 and whom are not on this list, thus we need to look at this from business side too. Not ready yet to give my vote for dropping it but will get back to this in due time.

Regards, Santtu
--
Product Manager, Qt for Device Creation (PM4QtDC)
Mobile: +358408031045         santtu.ahonen at qt.io