[Development] Qt 5.10 pre-built bunaries

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 18 17:32:59 CEST 2017

Hi Jani,

Am 13.06.2017 um 12:52 schrieb Jani Heikkinen:
> Hi,
>
> As a conclusion of subject:
>
> only change related to pre-built binaries for 5.10 (from Qt 5.9) is dropping 32 bit iOS.
> And from 5.11 -> we will drop MSVC2013 as well.
>
> There isn't conclusion about mingw yet but let's agree to switch from mingw 32 bit to 64 bit one in 5.11

Right, there was no conclusion so far. Are there technical issues that
you want to discontinue 32 bit packages? Most Windows applications are
still 32 bit and they run fine in Windows 32 and 64 bit environments.

I still have a Development Notebook running 32 bit Windows 7 and I use
the Qt MinGW package (as it contains Qt, Creator, Compiler and Debugger
in one package).

If you drop MSVC2013, could you instead deliver both MinGW 32 and 64 bit?

Best regards,
André