[Development] What changed in the RHEL 6.6 machines that cause tst_QUdpSocket::linkLocalIPv6 to fail?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 19 17:34:40 CEST 2017

On Monday, 19 June 2017 03:48:42 PDT Morten Sørvig wrote:
>  - Can we self-test the network interface and QSKIP if it’s not in working
> order?

That's the test itself: it tries to send a packet back to itself and see if it
arrives.

>  - We can blacklist on CI only:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/197692/ (modifying that patch to
> blacklist all Linux CI if needed.)

I don't believe in blacklisting if we can find and fix the root cause. That's
what I did for the "utun" interface on Darwin machines, when a blacklist was
proposed. But I haven't been able to figure that out for RHEL yet.