[Development] Detecting hunspell in virtualkeyboard: do we really need pkg-config?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:10:15 CEST 2017

I started to work on auto detecting hunspell in virtualkeyboard and later
found out that:

(1) It is currently relying on pkg-config to do the job.
(2) If the embedded code is present is preferred over the system version.

I find (1) rather strange except maybe if pkg-config gives some other info
apart from the -l flag. If that's not the case the dependency is avoidable
with a simple config.test.

Would it be preferrable to keep it like this or should I push my chabges to
gerri? (and if so, to which branch? I'm kind of disconeected from Qt
development thhese days).

With respect (2): normally one would prefer the system lib over the embedded
one. Is there a reason to keep things as they are or should I revert this
logic? (maybe in the above patch if ACKed).

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
If you realize that you are in a hole... stop digging.
  Anonimous, thanks to ScottK.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/