[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 17:47:24 CET 2017

On 7 Mar 2017, at 08:11, Thiago Macieira<thiago.macieira at intel.com>  wrote:

> There has been no discussion of qbs. Therefore, there is no
> decision on what to use for Qt 6. It might be cmake or qmake.

Then please start that discussion now. Qbs is a secret weapon for all developers trying to do test driven development but fighting long turn around times in large projects. However, the lack of inside determination to feature Qbs as the primary make system has stalled the acceptance and development of Qbs. Qbs is a great improvement but lacks appropriate documentation, context sensitive help and first class support in Qt-Creator (yes, and there may a little bug here or there). An official statement by the Qt Company would greatly improve the willingness of the developer community to use and improve Qbs.

Please make that decision ASAP, so we can all enjoy the best make system ever soon!

Kind regards,

Wolfgang