[Development] syncqt.pl in C++

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Wed Mar 8 21:09:49 CET 2017

I'm working on the qbs bootstrapping. The requirements will be: a C++11 compiler. End of requirements. Seriously. Not even bash, if you don't mind typing a couple commands manually.

Right now we depend on JSC via QtScript (not V4) but that will change at some point. We're not entirely sure of the solution yet; newer JSC vs V8 vs V4 or another solution.

JSC supports ES2017 nowadays so I somewhat favor that.

Qt could then include a tiny bootstrap script which downloads and bootstraps qbs, then builds Qt (but the normal use case would be that you already have qbs installed).
--
Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at qt.io<mailto:jake.petroules at qt.io>
The Qt Company - Silicon Valley