[Development] Need advise on acceptable timeouts for autotests

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 16 16:36:27 CET 2017

Em quinta-feira, 16 de março de 2017, às 02:00:55 PDT, Marc Mutz escreveu:
> 2. What should we choose as timeouts? I understand that tests which are
> stuck are killed after some time (how long?). Maybe timeouts should be set
> to the same value?

Just wondering here: is there any way to run the machine inside a time bubble?
That is, run its clock slower, so the passage of time inside is slower than
the outside.

I've never seen it on the VMM software. I don't think it can be done in the
OS. But it can easily be done by either:
 a) LD_PRELOAD / DYLD_PRELOAD intercepting clock_gettime / mach_absolute_time
 b) inside qelapsedtimer_*.cpp itself.

though this may break any tests that rely on external timing (probably the file
time tests).