[Development] Use of std::function in Qt API

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:27:27 CET 2017

On 2017-03-17 12:17, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em sexta-feira, 17 de março de 2017, às 02:43:05 PDT, Tobias Hunger escreveu:
>> A distribution will not update the standard c++ library within a distro
>> release.
>> Neither will a distribution upgrade Qt minor versions within a
>> distro release.
>
> Both assertions are incorrect.

What Thiago said. Also, FWIW, I prefer when distros *are* willing to
make minor-version updates to libraries even within the same release of
the distro. (Provided of course such updates don't have breaking changes.)

Also, if Qt gets into a habit of skipping bug fix releases, distros may
get more pressure to do just that in order to get important bug fixes.

--
Matthew