[Development] Who's responsible for 3rdparty these days (QTBUG-59586)?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Mar 20 16:29:37 CET 2017

On segunda-feira, 20 de março de 2017 03:47:44 PDT Kai Koehne wrote:
> I don't think this is the case. Every contributor can upload patches with
> new third party code, as long as this is properly documented.
>
> Only maintainers are allowed to approve them though, and if you want to add
> new third party code to the Qt libraries, tools or plugins you need an
> approval by Lars.

The Contribution Licence Agreement states otherwise. Please adjust the QUIP to
match the text from section 2.3 of the CLA. Specifically, it states that
3rdparty must be approved by the Chief Maintainer and the Qt Company in
written form.

Because of this hurdle, I have no intention of maintaining someoe else's
3rdparty code. forkfd is the only exception I make, but it's also something I
wrote myself, so it's "1stparty" not "3rdparty".