[Development] QList

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Mar 20 19:09:03 CET 2017

Em segunda-feira, 20 de março de 2017, às 10:51:49 PDT, Marc Mutz escreveu:
> Though it certainly broke a lot of Qt code and we're still recovering:
>
>   5a1b4832a2704e7fb386d6b4c73dab85facdc40b (QObject, QTimer)
>   c5e687895dd2eba3106f697b6e92b84683402403 (QtConcurrent; incomplete)
>
> it looks like every class that provides new-style connect syntax should be
> affected. Yes, we're to blame to not have centered this functionality in a
> qInvoke() template before, and maybe it's time to do that, but I certainly
> do not remember such a large SiC in C++ ever before. Well, in the last 17
> years.

Would not have been an issue if we were using std::function, though.

Then again, it might have been an issue if we *were* using std::function from
a C++ standard library that did not update to noexcept with a C++ compiler
that did (such as when using Clang on Linux with libstdc++). Since this error
would have shown up in the user's code, we would have washed our hands and
told the user "upgrade your C++ standard library, downgrade your compiler or
stop using C++17".