[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Mar 28 11:44:01 CEST 2017

I don't see any more testing required with this new approach than earlier because earlier we created snapshots to be tested, now we will do additional betas.
The thing which will change is the way we will do the testing: Earlier we need to wait until all packages were tested manually before release but with this new approach we rely on RTA. Manual testing will mostly start after the beta n release; if something is broken in the beta n it can be fixed in beta n+1 but still well before final release.

br,
Jani