[Development] QList

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:52:20 CEST 2017

> That brings us straight back to the fundamental question: Why can the C++
> world at large cope with containers that are not CoW and Qt cannot? The only
> answer I have is "because Qt never tried".

I started using STL 20 years ago, and Qt 8 years ago. Both intensively.
My experience is simple: unless performance is the priority (5% of the
cases?), the convenience of Qt COW containers outclasses the "convenience" of
STL containers.

Value-semantics is optimally implemented with implicitly shared containers.
And IMHO, a strengh of Qt.

Philippe