[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed May 3 13:28:30 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The commercial client will complain to paid support, support will investigate
> the issue and figure out what the regression is.

And if they can't reproduce it either?

> In 5.8, the build deadlocks, so
> we can't even just disable a test.

How is that even possible?

> We'd have to disable all of the code that
> uses qdbusxml2cpp, like dbusmenu and dbustray. That's not acceptable.

Or you figure out a way to deactivate the venom part of the patch that causes the
CI issue, when building on the CI. A bit like how Volkswagen detected testing
cycles and activate certain required injection modifications in that case :)

Do I have to understand that the CI system also creates the official installer
binaries?

>> If the regression is not a false alarm you'll end up getting a bug report
>
> It's not a false alarm. IT's reliably reproduceable in the CI.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it means anything. A CI is supposed to be
representative of a standard user system but can fail to be.

R.