[Development] Proposal for Qt 5.10 platforms and configurations changes - SUMMARY

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Thu May 4 16:34:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-04 14:53, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em quinta-feira, 4 de maio de 2017, às 00:23:46 PDT, Heikki Halmet
> escreveu:
>> Clang 4: Do we really need this to be tested with Linux in CI? If yes,
>> then
>> which configuration it will be replaced?
>
> I don't think we need to. The macOS builds should be sufficient for
> almost
> everything intrinsic to Clang. Those of us who test it on Linux will
> submit
> fixes as needed.

We've introduced bugs in the past that would have been caught
immediately by clang + Werror if it had been in the CI.
clang has warnings that gcc doesn't have. Apple Clang is based on older
clang (which one?), so doesn't have all the nice warnings.

I don't know the cost of adding it to the CI, so I won't comment on the
cost/benefit relation.

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)