[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:03:47 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I could start firing in the dark. For example, one characteristic of the above
> build that never matches any of my local tests is that it's a cross-
> compilation to ARM. So we could disable QtDBus by default when cross-
> compiling.

I noticed that, and wondered if the issue affects only ARM (cross) builds.

Here's another shot in the dark: that's a 64bit Intel host running an ARM cross
build, maybe even for 32bit. I don't really know how you run tests on there
(emulation?) but couldn't this be something that has to do with endianness
and/or 32/64 bit differences? And couldn't it be something that has long been
latent but was never triggered in a way that it caused problems?

R.