[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 4 20:06:54 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I think our ARM builds are little-endian, so endianness cannot be an issue.
>
> The problem happens before any ARM code is run, so it's not an emulation or
> processor issue. It must be a cross-compilation (bootstrapping) issue.

So it cannot be something that has to do with a host application connecting to a
dbus daemon running off ARM code? A communications glitch would be the simplest
reason for a timeout in IPC context, in this case presumably when disconnecting
from a DBus daemon.

Something else: a standard llvm/clang install will generate code for ARM on
demand without need to install a dedicated cross-compiler. Maybe worth checking
if the same issue arises with clang (on a CI system or a developer workstation)?