[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sun May 7 21:26:02 CEST 2017

07.05.2017, 19:24, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 03:20:26 PDT Ville Voutilainen wrote:
>>  On 6 May 2017 at 22:48, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>  > Second, compiling to ARM requires cross-compilation. Since the problem
>>  > happens because of cross-compilation, it happens for all ARM builds.
>>
>>  Perhaps we should get ARM hardware so that we can do ARM builds
>>  without cross-compilation. :)
>
> You can always just do an emulated build (with qemu). This is how most
> distributions build for non-x86, since most software cannot cross-compile.

That's rather strong claim.

I would say that most of open-source software can be cross-compiled, and
distributions use emulation because it's not 100%, and because their tooling
is not adjusted for cross-compilation.

OTOH there are "distributions" focused entirely on cross-compilation, e.g.
Buildroot and Yocto.

I'm doing embedded software development, and wouldn't even consider
including emulated builds into my pipeline.

> --
>   Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center

Regards,
Konstantin