[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Kari Oikarinen kari.oikarinen at qt.io
Mon May 8 08:56:19 CEST 2017

On 08.05.2017 09:47, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 May 2017 22:56:53 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
>> On 2017-05-06 16:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> Someone could do that. I'd even appreciate just a backtrace from the
>>> deadlocked application.
>>
>> Have you asked the CI guys for such backtrace ? Why isn't there a JIRA
>> issue for this ?
>
> I asked for anyone who could reproduce the issue to help and no one did. And
> until this discussion now, I had not realised it was connected to cross-
> compilation -- though in fact we have not proven it, it's just a very good
> theory.
>
> As for a JIRA task to get backtraces from crashed or stuck applications, it
> again hadn't seemed necessary so far. The qmake crash that we saw this week
> was only the second time that it would have been helpful.
>
> Well... that and all those moc crashes we experienced for a year.

The failures of https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180231/ and
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180232/ happened on Ubuntu Touch
builds.

That platform is not part of 5.9 CI anymore. So as far as I understand
it hasn't been tried if the patches could successfully integrate into 5.9?

Disabling cross-compilation of QtDBus would break a lot of users.
(Including Qt for Device Creation builds.) So hopefully we can find some
other way.

--
Kari