[Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Mon May 8 11:06:59 CEST 2017

From: Development <development-bounces+edward.welbourne=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
Sent: 08 May 2017 08:47
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] DBus signals for (dlclose'd) style plugin causing crash during application exit?

On Sunday, 7 May 2017 22:56:53 PDT Sergio Martins wrote:
> On 2017-05-06 16:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Someone could do that. I'd even appreciate just a backtrace from the
> > deadlocked application.
>
> Have you asked the CI guys for such backtrace ? Why isn't there a JIRA
> issue for this ?

I asked for anyone who could reproduce the issue to help and no one did. And
until this discussion now, I had not realised it was connected to cross-
compilation -- though in fact we have not proven it, it's just a very good
theory.

As for a JIRA task to get backtraces from crashed or stuck applications, it
again hadn't seemed necessary so far. The qmake crash that we saw this week
was only the second time that it would have been helpful.

Well... that and all those moc crashes we experienced for a year.