[Development] List of available Qt mirrors

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Mon May 15 15:38:38 CEST 2017

A user from China has reported that the Chinese mirrors are no longer
visible to him [1]. I also don't see any when I visit
http://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/root/qt/Updates.xml.mirrorlist
(from Australia)

Now, from my experience (which is a few years old and possibly outdated),
the Chinese mirrors tend to perform quite poorly, even for users within
China [2]. Nonetheless, I'm still surprised to see that they have vanished
from the list; at least one server seems up to date [3].

Is this behaviour expected? Has the mirror management system been updated
to hide mirrors that don't meet certain performance criteria or something
like that?

Regards,
Sze-Howe

[1] https://github.com/JKSH/QtSdkRepoChooser/issues/5