[Development] QUIP 6: removing top-level const from return types

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 23 00:48:53 CEST 2017

On Monday, 22 May 2017 14:05:46 PDT Marc Mutz wrote:
> The point is that this completely foils the purpose of QUIP-6, namely to
> have objective rules for (acceptable) SiCs. So we do _not_ have to deal
> with this unproductive subjective nonsense all the time

Then we are right now concluding this kind of change should not be in that
part of the QUIP.

If there's no significant gain and if there is a significant loss in redability,
and more importantly if there's a chance of existing code breaking, then it
shouldn't be done. Period.

Let's remove this from Category A.