[Development] Please add [ChangeLog] entries to your commits!

Robin Burchell robin.burchell at crimson.no
Wed May 31 14:38:53 CEST 2017

My rule of thumb (when editing qtdeclarative's, for the last releases)
has been to include things depending on the "size" of the release. Small
(patch level) release? Include more bugs. Large (.0) release? Less focus
on bugs, more focus on architectural changes, feature additions, etc.
Any behavioral changes are always something that should be mentioned, of
course.

To me, it's implicit that each release will ideally have improvements in
terms of stability, so I think that there's less point in focusing on
them, unless they are a major newsworthy item: something like "sorry we
released 1.0.0 yesterday, but it turns out that feature foo was totally
broken, have 1.0.1 today to fix that" would be newsworthy, but "we fixed
a crash that has existed for the past 3 years" - less so, but that's my
own personal view.

--
  Robin Burchell
  robin at crimson.no