[Development] Repository request: MaterialWidgets

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 20:23:39 CET 2017

On 2017-10-30 09:04, iman ahmadvand wrote:
> But we've some new widgets beside the existing widgets, for example:
>
> Switch: https://material.io
> /guidelines/components/selection-controls.html#selection-controls-switch

Why not add this to Qt?

Personally, I am not convinced that UI elements that would use this
shouldn't just be using a check box, but I doubt I'd win that battle.
Switches seem to be everywhere; adding a QSwitch probably makes sense.
(GTK already has one...)

> Discrete Slider: https://material.io
> /guidelines/components/sliders.html#sliders-discrete-slider

Why not improve QSlider?

> Snack Bar: https://material.io/guidelines/components/snackbars-toasts.html#
> snackbars-toasts-specs

This doesn't look like something that is the job of a widget, but rather
should be handled by existing notification frameworks.

p.s. What jerk designed that site that scrolling the sidebar depends on
Javascript? There's no excuse for that...

--
Matthew