[Development] Qt 5.10 beta 3 released

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 10:06:51 CET 2017

> Qt 5.10 beta3 is out. Instructions how to get the release are here:
> https://wiki.qt.io/How_to_get_snapshot_via_online_installer.

 Hi Jani,

first of all thanks a lot for this new way of shipping beta versions. It is
so much nicer now to just run the maintenance tool via the online installer
and install the new beta instead of having several single offline installer
versions in parallel.

One question: How likely are the chances that the prebuilt MSVC 32 bit
packages will be built with MSVC 2017 instead of 2015? As far as I know,
the v140 toolset in VS 2015 and the v141 toolset in VS 2017 are binary
compatible. So if I'm not wrong, MSVC 2015 could also use the MSVC2017
binaries, no?

Cheers R.