[Development] Repository request: HTTP server

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 6 19:26:58 CEST 2017

06.10.2017, 20:12, "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  We have recently been working on a research project looking into the possibilities for creating a lightweight server component that can easily enable Qt applications to serve over HTTP. We would like to make this work public and therefore request a repository.
>>
>>  This work is intended to continue as a research project, to explore alternatives and reveal areas that need work, so it should be under qt-labs.
>>
>>  Name of the project: Qt HTTP Server
>>  Responsible person: Fredrik de Vibe
>>  Gerrit user/email: fredrik.devibe at qt.io
>>  Desired repository name: qthttpserver
>
> About time :-) I wrote my first HTTP/S server in Qt 10 years ago!
>
> Now, I wonder what is the purpose of this http server?

Purpose of HTTP server is to handle requests from clients by HTTP protocol and send replies according to some business logic. It may also include built-in capability of serving static files.

> Surely, not serving PHP!?

That would be application server, for running PHP application in this case.

> Perhaps making it easy to serve a RESTful QObject-based hierarchy?

That would be some web framework then, not mere HTTP server

Regards,
Konstantin