[Development] Repository request: HTTP server

Chris Adams chris.adams at qinetic.com.au
Mon Oct 9 02:13:30 CEST 2017

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Harri Porten <porten at froglogic.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2017, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>
>>       > We have recently been working on a research project looking into
>> the possibilities for creating a lightweight server component that can
>> easily enable Qt
>>       applications to serve over HTTP. We would like to make this work
>> public and therefore request a repository.
>>       >
>>       > This work is intended to continue as a research project, to
>> explore alternatives and reveal areas that need work, so it should be under
>> qt-labs.
>>

>> This is not something similar to what Tufao and Cutelyst are? Perhaps it
>> would be nice to talk to them and see if they can share code.
>>
>> https://cutelyst.org/
>> https://github.com/vinipsmaker/tufao
>

> I'll add a 3rd alternative which are have to started to use for a new
> product:
>
>  http://www.treefrogframework.org

And a fourth alternative: https://github.com/nitroshare/qhttpengine
which is MIT licensed.

I guess the more interesting questions which this research project
needs to answer are things like: what changes in qtbase are needed to
allow this to be used in secure production code (e.g., Thiago
mentioned that QTcpSocket is fully-buffered with unlimited buffer
sizes, which seems a recipe for disaster in certain circumstances).