[Development] Clazy results for Qt codebase

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Tue Oct 10 15:27:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

KDAB is now running clazy over the Qt code base, you can check the
results here: https://ci.kdab.com/~build/analysis/qt5/clazy.html

Next step is to figure out which sub-set we want to use in within
qt-project, if we want to enforce any via CI, which ones we want to fix
for Qt5 and which ones for Qt6.

I'll try to propose something soon, and probably focus on the checks
that reveal real bugs, leaving the performance stuff for later.

For now I've just enabled almost all of them:

copyable-polymorphic
qstring-allocations
old-style-connect
returning-void-expression
virtual-calls-from-ctor
rule-of-three
connect-non-signal
qstring-arg
connect-not-normalized
qstring-insensitive-allocation
container-anti-pattern
qstring-ref
lambda-in-connect
qt-macros
mutable-container-key
qvariant-template-instantiation
qcolor-from-literal
strict-iterators
qdatetime-utc
temporary-iterator
qenums
unused-non-trivial-variable
qfileinfo-exists
writing-to-temporary
qgetenv
wrong-qglobalstatic
qmap-with-pointer-key
auto-unexpected-qstringbuilder
overridden-signal
child-event-qobject-cast
post-event
connect-3arg-lambda
qdeleteall
qhash-namespace
ctor-missing-parent-argument
qlatin1string-non-ascii
detaching-temporary
qproperty-without-notify
foreach
qstring-left
incorrect-emit
range-loop
inefficient-qlist-soft
returning-data-from-temporary
install-event-filter
rule-of-two-soft
non-pod-global-static
virtual-signal

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)