[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Viktor Engelmann viktor.engelmann at qt.io
Fri Oct 13 15:13:16 CEST 2017

On 13.10.2017 14:22, André Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> just my 2 cent to one part:
>
>>  4. I don't think we need to be as paranoid towards contributions
>> from >     our own employees as we need to be towards external
>> contributions.
> Anyone with approver rights should be aware of his powers and use them
> carefully, no matter if he is employed at The Qt Company or an
> external contributor.

Sure - but let's think about this in a different context: imagine
someone applies at your company. You invite them to a job interview and
have one of your engineers do a technical interview with them.

Do you afterwards go to the applicant and ask them if they thought your
engineer was competent and fire your engineer if the applicant says "no"?

> As it was stated on this mailing list some weeks ago: Only approve if
> you can take the blame on breaking something.

We shouldn't blame in the first place. We are all trying to make Qt better.
I only wish I could spend more time doing actual WORK on Qt.

--

Viktor Engelmann
Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH