[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Viktor Engelmann viktor.engelmann at qt.io
Fri Oct 13 15:48:51 CEST 2017

I am thinking about the scenario when I read a 300 line commit and I am
unsure about some of the lines. Say it removes one include and adds
another include.

If that commit comes from someone whom I talk to every day - someone
whom I know to be very concerned about security and privacy - and
someone I know is competent and has approver rights - I might ignore
these 2 lines and assume that the compiler will fail on the CI in case
the removed header was still needed.

When the commit comes from someone whom I have never heard of - I will
look into whether there is a symbol that will now be resolved
differently - and if there is, I assume that this "differently" opens a
backdoor.

--

Viktor Engelmann
Software Engineer