[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 13 16:51:42 CEST 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 05:07:54 PDT Jedrzej Nowacki wrote:
> > 7. when you have a certain count of +1's from people who have
> > approver rights

>  - I'm afraid that as a result of 7 people will not give +1s anymore
> Review as a process is good, it may be annoying but it is proven to increase
> quality of the code.

When you have enough +1, you can ask for a Maintainer's summary approval. The
Maintainer is supposed to judge whether the people who have given those +1 are
knowledgeable in general.

Whenever I do that as Maintainer, I write that it's approved based on the
certain number of other +1.

It's also one of the ways I usually get my own changes through.