[Development] Future of QBS

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 16 18:09:24 CEST 2017

16.10.2017, 19:02, "jeandet" <alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org>:
> Le lundi 16 octobre 2017 à 15:46 +0300, Konstantin Tokarev a écrit :
>>  That said, I totally dislike the idea of inventing restricted DSL
>>  language for build system
>>  instead of using general purpose language (like e.g. in QBS or
>>  Premake).
>
> Not being Turing complete is a choice and makes it really clear at the
> end. I don't know Qbs but looking the doc and the rules stuff seems
> like Qbs allows functions.

I understand it is a choice. I just say it's a bad choice, a.k.a tool standing in a
way of the user (when something not planned by tool developers must be done,
as is usually the case with builds of complex projects).

Though in case of Meson this be compensated if build system can be easily
extended from Python modules (no idea if this is the case or not).

--
Regards,
Konstantin