[Development] Speeding up the review process (was: PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi)

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Mon Oct 16 22:41:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

I hope people can look into Viktor’s complete proposal and think about what is good and what not. This is what we should do when someone makes a proposal to improve things. I think the idea is very good - being more efficient.

What happened in this thread is taking only some parts of it and starting to give completely irrelevant accusations (in some of the earlier responses). Result of such behavior is rarely anything good. At least the person who tried to improve things feels bad and often the main point gets forgotten.

We had a good discussion at Qt Contributor Summit about code of conduct for the Qt Project. I very much hope we are able to create that quickly. It will hopefully help people to speak without constant fear of others taking their words and starting to beat the person making a suggestion.

Yours,

                 Tuukka