[Development] Future of QBS

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Oct 17 03:01:04 CEST 2017

Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> This problem is solved by having access to full "project" model from the
> same language. E.g. this is how I implemented Premake plugin for Qt
> Creator a while ago: added Lua code to traverse Premake's project
> structure, and run it with all of Premake from inside Creator's plugin, by
> linking liblua.

Of course. Invoking the actual build system to get data out of it is also
how the CMake support in KDevelop 5 works.

That, however, does not address the Turing-completeness issue, as it will
crash (lock up) your IDE if the code in the build system does not terminate,
which can happen if the language is Turing-complete.

        Kevin Kofler