[Development] QtCS 2017 QtCore sessions

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 20 18:52:58 CEST 2017

On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 05:49:48 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Move to the containers session:
> * use qssize_t

By the way, re: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47629

We should use 64-bit in QJsonPrivate too. Specifically, because of the way that
the internal binary JSON format stores values, we steal 5 bits from all
possible lengths, causing the maximum JSON data to be limited to 128 MB.
Apparently, it's not that difficult to hit that limit today.

Given that we have QJsonDocument::fromRawData / fromBinaryData as public API,
we need to keep compatibility with version 1 input for at least a couple more
years, so if we do this change, we either need to keep both codepaths
available or we need to reindex version 1 data.

Any volunteers to look into this?