[Development] Any supported platforms not tested in CI?

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:59:13 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 08:14:12AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> For every architecture where the processor can run in either endianness, the
> system chooses one and sticks to it, so all software is specifically compiled
> for that choice. It's also encoded in the Qt sysinfo name:
>
> $ $QTLIBDIR/libQt5Core.t.so | head -1
> This is the QtCore library version Qt 5.10.0 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared
> (dynamic) debug build; by GCC 7.2.1 20171005 [gcc-7-branch revision 253439])
>
> See
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s01.html.en
>   armel       - l for little endian
>   mipsel      - l for little endian
>   mips64el    - l for little endian
>   ppc64el     - l for little endian
>
> I'd recommend trying the mips build, though it doesn't have the "e" which I
> believe stands for either "embedded" or "EABI" (where the E stands for
> "embedded").

No, in Debian architecture names “el” means little endian.

If you can consider running native big endian hardware for CI, then Debian’s
mips architecture would work, but other good choices are s390x and ppc64.

See https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo#Summary for the full
list of Debian architectures with their endianness.

--
Dmitry Shachnev