[Development] Repository request: MaterialWidgets

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Mon Oct 30 14:33:08 CET 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 04:34:25PM +0330, iman ahmadvand wrote:
>    I was thinking of something like this to achieve:
>    QApplication::setStyle("material");
>
>    Which bring completely new styled and animated appearance.
>    That would be nice AND Qt way though.
>    But we've some new widgets beside the existing widgets, for
>    example: [...]
>
>    Which requires changes in QStyle enumerators.
>    The two build step was a good option but what about these new widgets ?
>    unfortunately it seems there is no way to porting this to Qt.

adding entirely new widgets (classes) can be done any time.
the only challenge is that they may need new qstyle primitives, which
may then need custom implementations in the other styles as well. but i
guess "this widget doesn't look well unless you use the material style"
might be an acceptable policy.