[Development] Getting build flags for platforms without pkg-config

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Oct 30 20:11:17 CET 2017

On segunda-feira, 30 de outubro de 2017 11:20:25 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > As for MSVC, the issue will be similar: teaching pkg-config about the MSVC
> > linker syntax. Hint: there's no -l
>
> pkg-config knows nothing about nature of compiler flags, it can easily
> handle bundle-specific option or cl.exe argument

It does, actually.

For example, it suppresses -L that point to the system dirs, like -L/usr/lib.
But it doesn't suppress -F options like that.

It does deduplication for -I and -l options, but it doesn't for -framework or
directly-named .lib files. Or for -I flags on Windows, for some reason.

It may be sufficient to get things going, but it's not a tool designed for those
environments.