[Development] Backporting the Keccak change

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 4 14:12:50 CEST 2017

On Monday, 4 September 2017 03:30:31 -03 Lars Knoll wrote:
> I think we should in any case also introduce the keccak enum values. I'm ok,
> if one of them aliases Sha3_512 (which we should then deprecate) and you
> add a new enum value for the correct Sha3 algorithm.

Confirm your thinking, please.

1) enum values
Up until and including Qt 5.8.0, enum value 7 through 10 calculated
respectively Keccak 224, 256, 384 and 512. In 5.9.0, they calculate SHA3 224,
256, 384 and 512.

The proposal is that those values go back to calculating Keccak and we move
SHA3 to 11 though 14.

2) enum names
I'd like to do:

        Keccak_224 = 7,